Prepared Food Vendors, here’s what you need to know this season, 2019

Each person running a food booth must have their temporary food establishment permit. It’s $25 a month, call the New Mexico Environment Department in Taos at 575-758-8808. Also, new this year in New Mexico, at least one person in your booth/food operation needs a food handlers card (you can take an ANSI certified course online to get this card).

You may need a commercial kitchen to make your product (unless you’re cooking on site at QFM). The San Cristobal Kitchen is ready to rent. It’s been approved by the state environment department.

Call Wendy to reserve the San Cristobal Kitchen, 575-770-7968:

$15 for 2 hours, the minimum
$30 for 4 hours
$60 for 8 hours

You will need to sign a release form to use the kitchen. You will need your food handlers permit. You may pay by money order or check.

We abide by state regulations because QFM is authorized to accept payment from shoppers enrolled in food benefit programs (SNAP/EBT, Double-up-food-bucks, WIC, and Senior Nutrition checks). This is why all prepared food vendors are asked to obtain the correct permits.

If you have questions or need help with training (to obtain your food handlers card), call Wendy and Alex, 575-770-7968. They are happy to help!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s